The Unveiling of the LG Signature OLED TV R
Some might ask themselves, “what the heck is a rollable TV?” It isn’t a TV on wheels (that was already invented in the '80s). The new LG Signature OLED TV R rolls up into a convenient tube that tucks into the attached speaker. For those who prefer to have a choice on how much space is taken up by their TV from minute to minute, this new technology by LG makes it easier than ever to optimize visual space.
When the LG Signature OLED TV R is in hidden mode, it resembles a simple shelf or perhaps end table. In this mode, the speakers are still functional, but the screen is hidden. The mood of a room is completely transformed by the lack of visible screens, yet the TV is waiting for the push of a button or a voice command to switch to another mode. The TV smoothly unrolls when prompted to present a full cinematic experience in the 65-inch screen with captivating 4K visual quality. If full screen is too much but the hidden mode is too little, line mode is available. In line mode, the TV unrolls part way to present different display features including music, weather, lighting, photo display, and many more. Paired with a carefully selected music choice, the few inches of visible screen can create the perfect mood for a variety of settings.
LG is constantly improving its tech to give users a brighter, more versatile experience, and the LG Signature OLED TV R is no exception. Just a few of the amazing new features include the following:
- LG ThinQ: This combination of voice control and LG AI TV optimizes user experiences to allow a single word to trigger exactly what the user wants. The TV is constantly learning in order to create a better user experience.
- High Resolution: New advances in Dolby Vision provide a captivating visual experience with vivid colors that are customized to each user.
- OLED Display: dramatic realism in intricate detail shows up brilliantly on the wafer-thin screen.
- A9 Gen 2 Intelligent Processor: High speeds of processing combine with the AI TV to build a crisp, fast picture with exceptional realism and detail.
- 4.2-Channel, 100W Front-Firing Dolby Atmos Audio System: integrated speakers provide impeccable audio. Quality materials including wool, Kevlar, and textiles make up the front of the speaker to enhance the sound quality and durability.
- Innovative Roll-Up Technology: A feature like no other TV before, the LG Signature OLED TV R includes seamless controls to bring the screen up and down as needed.
- Voice Commands: Google Assistant and Alexa are already built in along with compatibility with mobile devices.
- Connectable: The base includes hookups for all your favorite gaming and playing devices.
The LG Signature OLED TV R isn’t just a TV that goes up and down: the many quality features are destined to bring it to the top of its class in smart picture and sound.
Appearance and Space
With its roll-up feature, the LG Signature OLED TV R is easy to fit into any space. Striking visual features give it a seamless fashion statement. The upper is a sleek, brushstroke detailed metal. This not only adds durability but makes the whole set classier with its elegance and modern style. The front is a soft black with natural wool and textile cover over the speaker, adding subtle texture to the sleek shape. Space underneath the speaker can be used for storage, a spot for consoles or left empty to give a feel of open spaciousness.
LG has been saying for a while the LG Signature OLED TV R will release in 2019. It’s now projected to come out around March and is anticipated to cost over $8,000. Eager fans and technology enthusiasts are already making spaces in their entertainment rooms for this modern marvel.